Why bird with us?
- Deep local connections: 20+ years working with Cuban scientists and trained local naturalists to bring you to the best birding locations with the best field leaders
- Conservation promotion: ours is a license dedicated to conservation (not people-to-people, which can take you far from birding!) and so we are (happily) obligated to support the conservation movement in Cuba
- Experience with Cuba: our 20+ years spent negotiating and navigating Cuba helps us insure a smooth and easy experience so that you can concentrate on the birds
- Participate in long-term conservation effort: your citizen-scientist participation helps us track the health of migratory bird species through our multi-year collection of data.
- Excellent birding without sacrificing comfort: end your days in the best food and most comfortable accommodations available.
What distinguishes CCT from other travel groups?
- Our long term relationships in Cuba;
- The depth and experience of our Cuban team;
- Our pioneering leadership in developing and equipping Cuban guides, naturalists, and field biologists;
- Our continued leadership in creating and refining new birding itineraries;
Very recently, a number of retail travel companies and even retail birding tour providers have begun offering mixed agenda Cuba travel programs (based on People-to-People licenses issued by US Department of Treasury) that offer some birding. None of these programs come close to legally permitting participants to spend the time that we spend dedicated to identifying birds in the field.
We are able to avoid the mixed agenda programming that some of these other organizations are beholden to. In addition to fulfilling our authorized obligation to identify and record birds in the field, CCT programs visit a variety of habitat in various Important Bird Areas (IBAs) as designated by BirdLife International, covering very diverse parts of the country, and providing excellent opportunities to interact with some of Cuba’s most talented naturalists and bird experts. We work directly with Cuba’s leading ornithologists and biologists to provide an important conservation link to this endeavor, benefiting the Cuban people and environment.
Better for birds, better for birders! We design our program so that your valued time and energy in Cuba is spent in birding habitat during prime time hours.
Contact Us @
Caribbean Conservation Trust
353 West Todd Street
Hamden, CT 06518